Exbourne Neighbourhood Plan
Vision and aims
Based on the late 2015 questionnaire responses, the following draft vision for Exbourne has been created for the Neighbourhood Plan:
"In 2030 Exbourne is a quiet, rural village with working agricultural surroundings and a great community at its heart. Its natural environment, character, built heritage, and green spaces have been retained and remain unspoiled. Its local businesses and facilities have been sustained, with people at all stages of life provided for.”
This vision has led to the development of the following draft aims which have been categorised under four headings that will be addressed in the Neighbourhood Plan:
Housing and built environment
- Enable local people to stay in the parish throughout their lifetime as their needs change.
- Protect our heritage and built environment and ensure new development is sympathetic to the character of the area.
- Protect and enhance our quiet and rural natural environment.
Roads and parking
- Maintain and enhance safe accessibility and make parking easier.
Community, facilities, and wellbeing
- Sustain and enhance the character, vitality and community spirit of the village.
The vision will be at the heart of the Neighbourhood Plan and, together with the Plan’s aims and objectives, will form a framework on which policies are developed. All will be subject to further community consultation in due course.